One of the advantages of being in a sangha (spiritual community) to study and practice yoga is that if you do fall asleep on the path, someone from the sangha will wake you up.
2020 was a game-changer for humanity. What impact is this historic period having on your life and spiritual path? Do you feel the urgency and longing to know your True Self? Is the calling to cultivate a life of presence and awareness undeniably loud? Would you like to help others live a fulfilling life? How does yoga play a key role in supporting your physical, mental and emotional health in a time of pandemic and beyond?
Jovinna Chan is proud to offer an online Pranotthan 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training—with a Yoga Immersion option—crafted to use the platforms of Zoom and pre-recorded materials to dive deep into the inquiry of yoga. If you have always wanted the immersive experience of a yoga teacher training but have no interest in teaching, this is the program for you. If you are an aspiring yoga teacher, this is the program for you too. This unique blend of YTT and Yoga Immersion offers a field for two groups of householders to come together to inquire into a spiritual life with yoga as the gateway.
Founded on the ancient yogic tools of asana, pranayama and meditation, this program is designed not only to deepen and clarify your experience, knowledge and practice of yoga, but also to train you to become a confident, skillful and compassionate teacher. You’ll study the essential ingredients of experiential, enlightening, yoga inquiries that increase awareness in body, breath, emotion and thought—for yourself and for your students. You’ll learn how to bring awareness to movement and breath in a way that is right for yourself and for your student’s body, limitations, strengths, and age. In other words, you’ll discover the yoga that is right for you as a practitioner and a teacher.
A view of the Curriculum:
Teaching Techniques and Methodologies
- Explore 25 classic yoga postures with basic benefits and contraindications
- Review the gradient approach to teaching asana and how to adapt and modify postures to create ease in all body types, thus appealing to a wider range of students
- Become aware of common compensatory misalignments and the theory of the kinetic chain to observe the body as a whole unit
- Find creative sequencing and class designs that express your authentic self
- Learn to instruct fundamental pranayama, from heating to cooling, from calming to motivating
- Receive guidance to teach relaxation techniques
- Practice the sacred art of assisting and adjustments
- Utilize your authentic voice and presence to take space as an inspiring leader
Philosophy, Scriptures, Ethics, and Lifestyle
- Experience yoga as a path of self-discovery and transformation
- Integrate holistic lifestyle tools
- Learn and practice conscious communication skills
- Explore scripture through experiential lectures on:
- The Bhagavad Gita
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Patanjali’s 8 Limbs of Yoga (emphasizing the Yamas and Niyamas)
Anatomy and Physiology
- Learn embodied yoga anatomy
- Understand the basic physiology of the organic systems
- Deepen your understanding via the latest science and research on yoga
Required and Recommended Reading
- Yoga Essentials: Musélan's Guide to Yoga Poses (Laura Erdman-Luntz, Jill Barber)
- Anatomy and Asana (SusiHately Aldous)
- Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation (Stephen Mitchell)
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (Mukunda Stiles)
- Yoga Teacher Toolbox (Joseph and Lillian Le Page)
- Yoga Mat
- 2 Yoga Blocks
- Yoga Strap
Meditation Cushion or Bolster
Who is this program for?
- Yoga Practitioners of any tradition are welcomed.
- A minimum of 1 year yoga experience is required for YTT track.
- A minimum of 6 months yoga experience is required for Yoga Immersion track.
What you need?
Working internet, computers and other technology necessary to connect to Zoom platform and access eCourses. And an open mind and a sense of humor.
Seven Intensive Modules PLUS eCourses
Begins September 22, 2021
YTT track: $2,750
Yoga Immersion track: $2,250
- Pranotthan Yoga Teacher Training Manual and supplementary materials
- Free access to Yoga on Demand and Live Stream classes with Jovinna Online for the duration of the training
- Please Note: Students are required to purchase select reading materials and yoga props listed below.
Your Main Faculty:
Tracy Oliverio Clarke
Founder of Grace’s Anatomy
Devarshi Steven Hartman
Founder of Pranotthan School of Yoga
Sudha Carolyn Lundeen
Kripalu Senior Yoga Teacher Trainer
Kripalu Senior Yoga Teacher Trainer
Founder of SANGHA New Bedford
Gita Malú Doherty
Kripalu and Pranotthan Yoga Teacher
Missy Maitri Brown
Mindful Wellness Educator
Frequently Asked Questions
Our online teacher training course is a carefully designed program that takes this into consideration.
This online training consists the same components that make up our in-person training. We have found ways to create intimacy and sacred virtual space for deep transformational experiences.
Plus, we offer additional one-on-one mentoring with our faulty to our students taking the training online.
During the pandemic year, we have witnessed a large migration of people practicing yoga online. This new movement gives rise to a new way for students and teachers to connect that transcends time zone, space and finance. We see this online teaching platform not as a less than experience, compared to in-person class, but as a new valid medium that enables the transmission of yoga.
It is an exciting time to be teaching online because students from all over the world can now access valuable classes that used to be unreachable because of travel and money. A lot of people are actually more comfortable learning this way. Online courses give people freedom and flexibility to study on their terms in the comfort of their homes. It also makes things accessible for people who work full time or are raising kids. Plus, it reinforces the virtues of self discipline and accountability for those who are willing to take on this way of learning.
Once you've completed and fulfilled the requirements of the training modules, you'll be a certified yoga teacher (YTT 200) through Yoga Alliance. This is an international certification so you can teach anywhere in the world.
We are confident that our yoga methodology and training will prepare you to be a skillful and compassionate yoga teacher both online and in-person.
Because you’ll be learning from people who love what they do!
Jovinna Chan, E-RYT 500, YACEP, your lead trainer, has been teaching 200hr & 500hr Yoga Teacher trainings since 2010. She had served as the Assistant Dean for the Kripalu School of Yoga and was trained and mentored by many senior Kripalu teacher trainers in her eight years living at Kripalu Center.
In this training, she has invited many of her beloved colleagues to support this program and share their wisdom with you.
The Sadhana of Love
Do you know how to love?
Women Rooted in Sadhana
“When comes to men and women, there are not that many differences. But if a woman develops the mind of enlightenment, her potential is supreme.” ~ Padmasambhava, Pioneer of Tibeten Buddhism
Wild Beauty: I am that I am
Women Rooted in Sadhana
7-night Retreat in Santa Catalina, Panama