Cherish This Body
“Every man is the builder of a temple called his body.”
~ Henry David Thoreau
A human body is a miracle happening moment to moment. There is a universe spiraling with Spirit in the infinite space within. The body is a temple where breaths and possibilities reside. It is the master piece of the Divine Mother’s wildest imagination. It is sacred, unique, and fragile. To have a body is a precious experience. One of this day, the Divine Mother will recall her creation. And when she does, my wildest imagination is to return this borrowed body in a better condition than I borrowed it.
Some simple daily things to do to take care of this treasure:
- Conscious Breathing: Practice yogic breathing exercises such as Dirgha (Full Yogic Breath), and Ujjayi (Ocean Sounding Breath) help to calm the nervous system and clear the mind.
- Rest: Sleep at least 7 hours or more. Take a nap during the day if you are tired.
- Move: Dance, hike, practice asanas (yoga postures) or do any physical activity. The body is designed to move. Get up and do some movements if you have been sitting for more than an hour.
- Eat Consciously: Slow down the chewing process and relax as you eat.
- Oil It: Do an Ayurvedic Abhyanga Self-Massage. Check out Banyan website for more info. https://www.banyanbotanicals.com/info/ayurvedic-living/living-ayurveda/lifestyle/self-oil-massage
- Highest Regard: Respect and express gratitude for your body.
- Going Barefoot: There are many benefits walking barefoot. For examples increase mindfulness, reconnect with earth, and increase circulation.